A moment is a particular point in time. Some moments you remember forever: like the moment you earned your driver’s license or the moment you learned that you passed Organic Chemistry, or the moment you could see without your glasses or contacts. Some moments change us forever, so I want to focus on how Lasik changes lives. For years I have had the pleasure of restoring vision to thousands of patients. While it is an amazing story coming from me the surgeon; it is an even more incredible story coming from patients. I want to point out a couple things first:
- Having Lasik surgery is actually included in the list of 21 most life-changing purchases people have ever made. Find the article on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GraystoneiLASIK/
- The cost of Lasik varies per surgeon and practice, but cheap isn’t always better when you are dealing with the only eyes you will ever have. How much is the gift of sight worth to you?
- You can wake up in the morning and actually see the world clearly! Many people have LASIK surgery done for this reason alone. How nice would it be to be able to wake up without having to put search for your glasses, or stumble around to put your contacts in?
It is no secret that patients who have Lasik have made a life changing decision. Many actually see better the day after surgery, than they ever did with glasses or contacts. Check out some of these reviews from patients who have taken the next step in tossing the glasses and seeing clearly!
- “I have completely forgotten that I use to wear glasses, and I have almost completely stopped taking any kind of care of my eyes… the only thing I still keep from doing is rubbing them hard, which I didn’t do before anyways. I have a bottle of drops which has been sitting on my desk for almost two months untouched, don’t need it anymore… I love the results and I’m excited to have this for years to come; now the trick is convincing my wife to do it too ;)”
- “Loved it!! Was not scared for one second!! They even had someone hold my hand the entire time, and Dr. Oursler talked me through each step. What a fabulous team!!”
- “When my husband picked me up for our first date, he was wearing the biggest glasses I had ever seen. That was 13 years and 3 pairs of eyeglasses ago. He has been wearing glasses for years and at one point tried contact lenses with no success. My husband has also been busy battling cancer for 7 years. One night I was reading the paper and saw the Graystone seminar ad. He said to me “honey, you have wanted to have Lasik done, why don’t you just go ahead and do it.” He was so unselfish in his thought. He knew we had put some things “on hold” with financial commitment to his treatment, chemo, surgeries, etc. He never thought twice about excusing his own wants and needs so that I could have this procedure done. He is truly a “hero” to me as my husband and as a Marine. I had my iLasik 3 weeks ago and have been in “awl” at the beauty I have missed. I want to say thank you to my sweetheart…I can SEE everything I have been missing especially how blessed I am to have YOU!”
- “Dr. Oursler did a wonderful job. He talked me through the whole procedure and even gave me a follow-up call that evening (what doctor does that anymore). He also has a wonderful staff! He not only did the iLASIK in one eye but also fixed my corneal erosion in the other eye prior to laser vision correction. Thanks so much to you Dr. Oursler and your great staff!”
- “I can now read the 20/10 line on most test sheets and I couldn’t be happier. I’m not use to having vision so clear, so sometimes at night when my eyes get fatigued I get worried something might be wrong…when really I just need a good night’s rest 😉 Sorry, I’ve been enjoying my vision too much!”
Now that you have read what others have experience, what will you decide for yourself? If you have any interest in learning more about what vision correction options you have, I provide a completely FREE consultation to my patients, to not only provide them with the details of their options; but to truly help them make the best decision possible. If you’re still a little on the fence about coming in, I also have a FREE webinar available on my website https://app.webinarjam.net/register/20285/41729f4d2d, that has provided information for many, and aided in helping them make the choice to take the next step.
As always, my staff is available to anyone who may have questions or additional concerns, please don’t hesitate to ever reach out. My Refractive Director is Adair Bowman and she can be reached at email@example.com or at 828-304-6611.
Hope to see you for a consultation real soon!
Dr. Trey Oursler